Re: [RC] [RC] [RC] Hind End confirmation - Dawn Carrie

Their canters are quite defferent, although I don't know that it's due entirely to their hind end conformation.  The little CMK gelding has the most wondrerul, smooth canter...one hardly moves in the saddle.  It's comfortable no matter what speed.  The taller gelding, in addition to having a smaller hip, also has higher action in front...the CMK is more of a daisy clipper.  The taller gelding also has a very nice canter, but it's more rolling, more rocking motion, with more "action," which I attribute to his different way of going (lifts front feet higher).  Still extremely comfortable to ride, though.  Their trots have the same difference...one posts higher on the taller gelding, as his trot has more "up and down," although it's very easy to post to.  The CMK trots pretty level.  The CMK has a *very* fast walk...the taller gelding has a decent walk.