[RC] starved mare and scratches - Karen Sullivan

cannot find any info on scratches in the archives; maybe they aren't working....???

Just took on starved Arab cross pinto mare....she was rescued about a month ago...so eating
well and alert.  But bad case of scratches up two cannon bones...I have tried to scrub clean with
warm water and betadine....then using Trail-Rite scratches ointment...any other thoughts appreciated....peoples remedies, etc....it's a pretty large area

Mare is currently about a 1 on body condition scoring......glad I didn't see her a month ago....

She has been wormed once already......
Karen