Re: [RC] Endurance Clinic - Chrystal Woodhouse

O.k. good point Angie, however without going to actually check I am pretty sure that the clinic Stagg Newman was at in  the fall and the clinics that were done at the convention were/are not recorded and will not be in the Endurance news. And although I really enjoy and look forward to the magazine  I don't consider it a great source  of "how to" information, it is good for information about rides where/when and standings- it has great articles about individual experiences and Jr. bio's , last year they did the thing on the Shenandoah ( sp??) Valley which was good  but I don't feel like there is a lot of " how to stuff." How to train for a 50 maybe but what about a  fast 50, a 100, a fast 100, ideas of how to train for mountains when one doesn't live in the mountains, electrolyting, when, how much, who is , who isn't?????? :-) How much does training change over the years?? ( I.e. from year one to say year three with the same horse.) Long ,slow distances or short and fast? When? How much? I keep thinking to myself that there is so much good information stored in the minds of experienced endurance riders, why do I have to go out and find it all out by myself( and I mean by trial and error as there isn't a whole lot in print)  No that doesn't mean I am lazy it means that I don't want to make the same mistakes other people did, ( I'll make new ones :-)) and yes I do realize  that there is just some stuff that only experience and trial and error will teach, that is where the "art" of horsemanship comes in, however there is a lot that I feel experienced riders/clinicians can teach me that will help my horse avoid the pitfalls I am sure many new endurance riders make.My point was that to capture that information  and share it with hundreds/thousands of endurance riders rather than a few would be great and no I don't think that is happening with Endurance news or any other publication.

Chrystal :-)

"rides2far@xxxxxxxx" <rides2far@xxxxxxxx>
Sent by: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

03/05/2007 11:45 AM

Chrystal@xxxxxxxxxxxx
cc
ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject
Re: [RC]   Endurance Clinic

>>>Can we figure out  way to get this information out to a larger
group?? Maybe hire a professional videographer to tape the wknd (
then  sell those tapes) or get the clinicians to put their thoughts
>>>down on paper so that someone can type them up and sell them.

That's kind of what Endurance News does every month. :-)

Angie

----- Message from Chrystal Woodhouse <Chrystal@xxxxxxxxxxxx> on Mon, 5 Mar 2007 11:20:29 -0500 -----