Sent: Saturday, January 06, 2007 10:45 AM
Subject: Re: [RC] 60, 64 pulse

Here is what happened at my ride many years ago.  I have an early spring ride, and horses come from both way south and way north.  We had a 64 pulse.  One year we had 7 horses treated.  The next year my vet made the pulse 60.  Guess what, no more horses treated!  That's the only statistic I have.
I will say, as a RM who watches all the horses come in, that when the pulse is 60, riders take a lot more care at a vet check regarding cooling the horse and coming in slower.  My rides have a pulse of 60 now.
Louise, mgr of Okmulgee Cougar Prowl and Movin On Up

Louise Burton
Firedance Farms Endurance Arabians
http://pages.prodigy.net/firedancefarms