[RC] Speaking of Science - Patty P

Last night I was talking to my boyfriend about horseshoes and the problem
With them not moving with the foot. He is a scientist and has a Patton for a
Material that morfs when it reaches a certain temperature. I asked him if
This material would be strong enough to take a beating as a part of the
Horse shoe...he didn't know...it is now being used for airplane wings...when
The airplane reaches a certain temperature the wing moves back allowing the
Plane to go faster more efficiently....that started me thinking about horse
Shoes(being horse obsessed of course)
My question to you is this...I received certification in farrier work in
1998 at Virginia Tech, and am also a  proponent of barefoot trims where
Possible...over 25 miles in my opinion needs help either with boots or a
Shoe. I am wondering if anyone knows of a shoe that has been developed that
Has an "accordian" type area on each side that would allow the hoof to expand
And contract. Ive seen all the rubber shoes, but they don't expand enough
Either. Just wondering if anyone has seen any attempt at this.

PattyP