[RC] Cavalry supplies - Jody Rogers-Buttram

Ok folks,

  I have a question:   If someone was going to be brave/stupid/crazy (fill in your own adjective here) enough to attempt doing a 100 mile ride cavalry, what items would you suggest one carry?

I have come up with the following:
  • A few bags of dry beet pulp
  • powered electrolytes
  • dosing syringe
  • small collaspable bucket
  • flashlight/ extra batteries
  • emergency blanket (those little silver ones)
  • roll-up rump rug
  • one water bottle
  • small vaseline
  • little bit of duct tape and several zip ties  (they are really better than duct tape)
  • extra pair of small ankle boots (horse)
  • one vet wrap
  • one easy boot
  • about 6-8 feet of small nylon rope  (I thought it could be used to tether horse at VC's)
  • small baby powder (for me and horse)
  • A little bit of human food
Any ideas?  while keeping the bulk down?

Don't know that I would do this....but I am exploring the possibilities.