Re: [RC] Ariat Dumas shoes//Snaps on Ariat Terrain Half Chaps - Beverley H. Kane, MD

Title: Re: [RC]   Ariat Dumas shoes//Snaps on Ariat Terrain Half Chaps
Cindy, I suspect your heel rubbing problem is related to the loose heel problem that happened to me: last week I had a near-wreck with my Dumas + Ariat Terrain half chaps. The left shoe slipped right off my heel at ~10 miles.  The shoe stayed in the stirrup while my foot slipped out at a fast trot. The elastic band under the half chaps was too stretched out to keep the shoe on. My socks were thin cotton. I had to ride w/ the shoe hanging off my foot the rest of the way home, even modifying my posting w/ heels more level and foot further in the stirrup.
    It stands to reason that a loose heel will cause blisters.

My experience w/ Ariat shoes and other products is that they are high quality—I could scuba dive in my waterproof Cobalts—but they stretch out considerably. That goes for Cobalt paddock boots, Dumas, and Pulse. The latter two have the Terrain last.

As you mention, the Terrain half chaps have horrid snaps compared to my other Ariat half chaps. The outie (male) part of the snap doesn’t go easily into the inny (female) part. I would like to give feedback to Ariat, as they were helpful and responsive with the shoe article (Nov ‘05 Endurance News).

Anyone else having trouble snapping the Ariat Terrain Half Chaps?

Beverley