Re: [RC] GAS OR DIESELl - Dyane Smith

Maybe it's just what you are used to.  Maybe it's how well your truck is matched to your trailer.  My own situation:  I have a new F350 diesel and an old ('89) F250 gas.  The new truck does get a little better mileage but it's way newer.  The old F250 gets between 8-10 mpg whether towing or not (loves to work).  It hauls my gooseneck (runs about 10,000# fully loaded) up and down steep mountain roads (7% grades, not talking Rocky Mountains here).  Original engine, never overheated.  And, with diesel prices what they are (right now $2.79 gal), got to love that the old boy does it all on regular gasoline (consistently priced less than diesel).

I should sell the old truck.  It's ridiculous to have two, but, boy, it's hard to part with.  I could never get what's it's worth.

Dyane

tazyteke@xxxxxxx wrote:
OK folks I need to here some pro's and cons on which fuel would be preferable for hauling aprox. 350 mile to rides.
I'm currently look to buy a newer truck and because of my budget I can either buy a newer gas engine truck or and older diesel.
So please help me figure out which one I'm buying.
Thanks, Wendy