RE: [RC] GAS OR DIESELl - Tracey Lomax

Title: Message
Wendy wrote:

>>OK folks I need to here some pro's and cons on which fuel would be preferable for hauling aprox. 350 mile to rides.   I'm currently look to buy a newer truck and because of my budget I can either buy a newer gas engine truck or and older diesel.
I'm a girl, so  please excuse me if I get my terminology wrong as I don't understand my torque from my dipstick.

I just bought a Mitsubishi 3l V6 clubcab.  Petrol model.  I chose it because:

1.  It's very pretty and just as I won't ride an ugly horse, I won't sit in an ugly car.

2.  I spend more time driving WITHOUT a box than with one, so I want something which can also handle traffic to and from work without problems.  Diesel models need to be serviced more often than petrol.  I do 100 kms per day so clock up the miles pretty quickly.

3.  As a 3l V6 engine, this is powerful enough to tow up hills at 100kph in 5th gear.  It's smooth and it's not smelly.

4.  The clubcab is a super option as I could claim my VAT back from tax, because it's not a double cab so it's seen as a work vehicle, but it's big enough for me to put Jaime's car seat in the back.  You can also stick as much tack as you like behind those back seats, with or without the lock boxes inside.

5.  I did a 4 x 4 course in "Spike" (I'm a Buffy the Vampire Slayer fan) recently in the Game Reserve and he handled just about as well as the 4 x 4s.

6.  You can do a chip conversion on the petrol model which will increase both your torque (pulling power) and your fuel efficiency (the petrol model is heavier on fuel).

Hope this helps.  I love my car!!

Tracey