Re: [RC] Formaldehyde...?!?!! - Sisu West Ranch

We used to do lots of things that had the real potential for harm.  When I went to college, the science building reeked of formaldehyde from the generations of dissection experiments.  Nobody worried.  I wonder how many of the people who later became sick from formaldehyde in their homes were first sensitized in similar situations.

The care with which this chemical is now handled, is one of the good things that has come out of OSHA, and product liability lawsuits.

By the way, lest we blame "science" for inventing formaldehyde, it is named for the genus "Formica" (the common insect the ant).  Many members of this genus defend themselves by injecting formaldehyde into their enemies with their bite.

Ed & Wendy Hauser
2994 Mittower Road
Victor, MT 59875

(406) 642-9640