Re: [RC] Formaldehyde...?!?!! - Merryben

Did you know that injecting a "bleeder" with formalin IV can save his life?   We had a horse at the ranch that darn near bled to death after having his pigeon fever lanced.  He was never injured severely enough before that that we knew of.  My vet remembered an article he had read a few months before and saved the horse.  His owned always has formalin on hand.

Good thing Becky and I did not know about the "fumes".  Years ago we had a bottle in the front seat of the truck and in the heat it broke and spilled Iodine and Formaldehyde all over.  We had to go to a ride and traveled most of the way in the cold (it was winter) with the windows down.      mb