[RC] Things I learned at the convention - Laura Hayes

1.) When you are on the BoD and two committees, plus helping with the power point for the regional presentation, presenting a chart at Hot Topics, AND co mc'ing the national awards, you will have no time or energy to socialize and will not see a single speaker, or spend more than 20 minutes in the trade show...

2.) Always make sure the dates are right in the computer before you buy your ticket, or it will cost you an extra $534 to change it the day you have to fly.

3.) March 22 and 27 fall on the same day of the week as Feb 22 and 27.  See above.

4.) When at the RC breakfast (all of 8 minutes- see #1) Look at the money you give Jonni to pay the bill and make sure it is a $20 and not a $100.  No wonder she looked at me like I was nuts.  Sorry, Jonni.  See #1 again.

5.) It is best to try and sleep at least 3 hours each night to ensure mental clarity.  See #1 AGAIN.

6.) This organization is led by a very dedicated and creative group of people who care about the direction we are going. The organization and time involved to put this show on, and carry out the AERC work to be done, is incredible.  Our office staff is amazing and tireless also.

7.) Patti Stedman and Bruce Weary are great, funny speakers---they did a wonderful job at the national awards.  I am certain my strong point is recruitment and the recognition of talent...

8.) The HoF horse and person were great picks, as was the Pardner award winner---BRAVO.

9.) It was great to see y'all, even if it was for just a few minutes!  Let's do it again!