Re: [RC] Team Name OD 100 - Truman Prevatt

As one that has crewed the OD for two different riders working with their wives and witnessed two near divorces, I can tell you crewing that trails is like no other in the East. You drive all over the state of VA looking for the checks sometimes lost, often time cussing your rider most of the time wondering about your sanity of getting into such a predicament. When every check is out - it raises crewing to a whole 'nother level. Crewing the OD has been known to trun Saints into raving madmen.

I think you should start right now by being extremely nice to Joel. Making him wonderful gourmet meals every night, telling him how wonderful he is, etc. If all that is starting to fail at 70 miles (that seems to be where it starts to come unraveled) use the secret weapon - tell him he is not doing it for you he is doing it for the kid.

Truman

PS: As for name I think you need to separate Joni - a sweet young girl from you three, errrrrrrr..... mature women. Maybe the Hell's Bells and The Kid.

Jody Rogers-Buttram wrote:

See Bruce, the Village People is OUT.
Now, should I push it a little farther and ask him to wear a shirt that says, "POOKIE" on it????
He won't drink my Wild Turkey.....it makes him mean. But, Of course, I would hate to see how darn mean it would make ME, if I came into a check at around 70 miles and he HAD drank my Turkey up from me. That might be the end of the marriage right then and there. :))
Never seen him drink anything other than Beer. I pay for the crewing in Beer. So, according to Truman, I may need to buy a LOT more beer for this one.
And Truman, you can ask anyone, Joel aka Pookie, is already the most abused, mistreated crew in the world. How could it possibly get worse?????? I think that this speak volumns for his character, and self control for NOT killing me in the past few years. As long as I don't ask him to participate in the sport himself, on a horse, he is resigned to be the pit crew, mechanic, and driver. Although, I do have to tell how to drive, and tell him when is not doing it correctly. :))

--

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein