Re: [RC] Pasture Arrangements with Mares/Geldings - Sisu West Ranch

Both Wendy and I together and separately, have run herds of mixed ages and geldings and mares together for 30+ years.  We have never had any problems and the horses never had any problems that they couldn't workout among themselves.

The only horse I ever had that had get-along issues was a mare that had spent her formative years alone.  She never seemed to get it and when she tried to steal hay from Skeeter, she got kicked every day.  She would go sulk, and the next feeding would again ignore ears and other threats until she got kicked again.  I was really glad when she left my place.

Ed
Ed & Wendy Hauser
2994 Mittower Road
Victor, MT 59875