[RC] Trip info - Jonni

>>>Now, can you tell me anything about Route 40 versus Route 10 from California to Texas (and beyond?).  <<<

When I have been going between Dallas TX and So. Calif. for the past 5 years, I have been using I-40. Did I-10 once, and just did not like the drive. 40 is much more scenic. Also, I now know the places I can stop with the horses along the way. BUT, 40 has more grades and pulls than 10.  Both will have some grades at the CA border, but after that, not as much on 10, but 40 has some around Flagstaff, and then in NM. If you have a rig that does not pull the load (and stop the load) well, I'd consider 10. I'd guess you could still get some snow on 40, but the likelihood is pretty low. It might be cool, to colder at night, but maybe that would just prep the horses for Maryland. LOL   Past Oklahoma City, heading east, I have not seen I-40, so no comment. But I find from there west, it is a good road.