Re: [RC] [RC] I Bought a horse..Angie - Rosalie Marley

I got a dog from the shelter I worked at.  He was named for a former president, and I thought that was a bit of a burden for the poor dog.  I renamed him "Tex", and that evening I took about a pound of hot dogs and cut them up into little chunks.  When he wasn't looking, I'd say his new name once, and when he would turn to look at me, he got a piece of hotdog.

He knew his name in one evening (actually long before that pound of hot dogs was used up) and I've never had any problems with him knowing his name or being neurotic :-)

Rosalie