Re: [RC] 100 mile rides--Why don't you?--Why I do - Lucky6mule

My friends have always known I'm a little 'off center'. It took some years for me to come up with a 100 mile mule & now I'm nuts--I don't want to stop.  I make my ride schedule looking for 100's.  I do them for the feeling I get at the end. For the scenery. (Like glow bugs.) I ride low-tech also; no HRM or GPS, use keg shoes &/or Ground Controls, limited electrolytes. I often have a great pit party(crew) but not always. Before my 1st 100, I remember being at a potluck while 100 riders were still out there & I thought "that must be a bummer".  On my 1st 100, I remember thinking as I was still on that trail "this is so much better than sitting around camp!"

Marirose & Mules: Nellie, Noodle & Monty in MI