[RC] 100 milers - Mike and Laurie Hilyard

I appreciated your comment, Jody:

I don't do weddings, showers, parties (unless horse related), birthdays, movies (unless horse related), house cleaning (but do barn chores), buy new clothes, (unless horse related), shoes (unless for the horse).  This could go on and on.  It does boil down to how much are you willing to sacrifice for the sport.  If you are dedicated enough to do 100's, then you will be dedicated enough to "make" room.  I really don't think someone is going to be able to balance work, hubby, kids, kids sports, family outings, civic duties, etc. AND be a totally dedicated 100 mile person.  It's really not a "cake and eat it too" kinda thing.

And I guess that's what I'm talking about as the primary reason I can't see myself doing 100s.  50s I can do without the same sacrifice.  I can admire your dedication, but don't see how to emulate it!  If I didn't work I'd have the time - no money for horses, but the time!  Anyway, thanks for the insight.