[RC] LSD and Conditioning - Kathleen

Title: LSD and Conditioning

You have gotten some bad information somewhere if you think you have to ride double the mileage in conditioning that you are going to do at a ride.  Your horse is going to end up exhausted, thin and perhaps have some mechanical issues.  I would recommend you find an experienced mentor in your area, get some books from the AERC library and study  before you submit your horse to that kind of regimen.

There is no way I could do this sport if I had to do double the mileage in conditioningthere is not enough time in the weekI have a job to hold down besides doing my endurance riding!  My horses have done from 25s to 100s in first place and in tail end and  earned a few BCs while they were at itnot to mention that they were happy and loved what they were doing.  And they NEVER condition twice the distance we will be riding.  As Joe said, there are much smarter (and scientifically researched) ways to condition your horse.

Kathleen

AERC #717