[RC] tipperary sportage helmets - Tina Rushing

I have this helmet and I like it.  Mine is green, I chose green because my
riding buddies got the other two colors and we thought we should have
different colors so not to mix them up.  I'm not picky about appearances.
We all bought Tipps at the convention a couple of years ago.

Previously I used the Troxel Sport.  Reasonably priced, it worked well for
me.  I didn't *need* a new helmet, but I got excited at the convention and I
bought the Tipp on a whim.  I'd say I like the Tipp better, but for the
price I'd pick the Troxel Sport.

I like both helmets because they fit me comfortably and their visors are
attached with velcro.  I think a velcro visor is safer, I like to trot under
low branches.  I use a salamander visor also, I bought one at the convention
last year and I like it a lot.  The salamander attaches to any helmet with
velcro and comes in a variety of colors and prints for the fashion-conscious
equestrienne.  I chose bright yellow so that the EMT's can find my body in a
ravine.

Are you in Texas?  I'm happy that the convention is not in California this
year 'cause missing the trade show will save me a bundle of money.  But
really, *you* should go!

Tina Rushing
El Granada, CA

From: tracey smith <txdistancerider@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [RC]   tipperary sportage helmets

I saw someone post about this helmet and I'd like to hear from folks who
like them as my old troxel is about due for replacement and this Tipperary
has caught my eye.

 What do you like, dislike about them...and where's the place to get the
best price. None of my local shops sell them and Ebay had a limited supply
(READ---UGLY COLORS) so where's the best place to get them reasonable
priced?

 Tracey