[RC] Helmets . . . Again - Carolyn Burgess

Truman:

I've said this myself many times, but here's where that argument fall apart.  Everyone participates in some activity or some behavior that increases the risk that they will become a burden on society.  Here are some examples: riding a motorcycle (with or without a helmet), riding in an airplane, driving a car, not taking vitamins, eating a bad diet, smoking (tobacco in any form), drinking, you get my drift.

I say that I am not a burden, because I have health insurance, life insurance, long term care insurance, but you say that everyone's premiums go up because of my bad behavior.  This is not a completely black and white issue.

Carolyn Burgess

Truman Prevatt <tprevatt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Every one has to make their own decision - except when their decision will impact society as a whole, e.g., they will end up with their care being paid for by the state (our taxes)