[RC] Fw: riding shawnee - Cris Potmesil

I live in MS now but am from IL. Shawnee is actually very large with quite a lot of terrain difference.  They have closed a lot of trails that used to be open to horses. If you can tell me what area you will be riding in, I can tell you what you'll be riding over.   A bigger problem than the loose shale (as far as my afraid of heights self is concerned) is having something with some traction for the miles of smooth stone (not sure what kind) you have to scrabble over where a slip could send you off the cliff. But not all the trails require shoes. Where are you going to ride from?  Do you have a campground picked out yet?
I am the MS rep for American Trail Horse Association but our office is in IL. There is a ride Memorial Day weekend out of Hayes Canyon. I can get you the information if you like. The ride is being filmed for a show on RFDTV. I am not going to ride as it is my family reunion weekend. I will be working at the ride and staying at grannies with the family.You might get your horse on TV or get a chance to put a plug in for endurance. :o)
Sorry if this isn't well organized. I'm working on a serious lack of sleep today.
April