[RC] kids and endurance - tracey smith

Does there really NEED to be facts from previous accidents to show that a minimum age might be helpful?  I'd sure hate for MY KID to the be one of the stats that proved it.

I have a 13 year old stepdaughter that has been doing NATRC rides with me the past two years and she even said she is glad NATRC requires them to be 10 in order to compete.   I am all for junior riders, and I guess I just don't think a minimum age is such a bad thing....just about every other sport has one

Personally I think 10 is a good place to start...and yes I know some kids have ridden since they were two...but by 10 they have a little more ability to understand consequences and responsibility.

Oh....and even though my stepdaughter has not yet ridden endurance ( am trying, but so far she'd rather crew and only ride CTR) I just love the fact that AERC requires her to have an adult sponsor...it's something I wish NATRC would do as well.

Are there facts out there that show there are
more
accidents with young children entered in endurance rides?

Tracey
What would you attempt to do, If you knew you couldn't fail?