[RC] minimum age? - Mary Campbell-Crowder

I truly have no major opinion either way on setting an age minimum. That said, as a former Trail Guide (yes for 10 years i gave horsey rides to the non-horsey public) I can honestly say that there are people out there who have no idea how dangerous a horse can be for a child (or an adult). HOLD ON TO YOUR FLAME BUTTONS!!! I also know that us horsey folks know those risks, and we acknowledge them everyday. I absolutely applaud Colton and his parents for bringing up the young cowboy in a knowlegable environment and teaching him as best they can. I think it's a huge accomplishment!!
I only know that I have seen some ugly accidents involving both children and adults.
So everytime one of us puts a foot in a stirrup we take a chance. Obviously someone out there will eventually make a bad decision, and someone else will climb on their soapbox again, until that time I say RIDE ON Little Man, Little Woman, or whoever!!
One day if I ever have children they will be brought up on the back of a reliable horse and if they want to ride endurance i will love them even more.
JMHO!!
MaryBeth
Carmin (i don't like kids)
Jinx (i love kids, they smell weird)
Fancy (what? i was eating...were you talking to me?)
Gypsy (ummmm...ok whatever, i'm only a kid myself)

Yahoo! Mail