Re: [RC] Sidepull - Dyane Smith

Carolyn, I bought two all leather sidepulls from the Broken Horn in Baldwin Park, California (Southern Cal) around ten years ago.  The leather is more cowboy (thick) than traditional English bridle leather, but I think it's well made.  My horses really like it and respond to it as they would to a bitted bridle (maybe a little better than with a bit).  The reins attach with leather strings.  I did have to have them resized because they are built more for a quarter horse and I have arabs but that was easy to do.

I would imagine you could call Broken Horn.  If they still sell them, they would probably mail you one.  They are a huge store and they have excellent prices.

Dyane

My biggest issue with the sidepulls is there quality.  I am a leather fan, no biothane here, but they are all made of low quality, stiff leather. Does anyone know of a place that custom makes leather sidepulls?  I have a design and would prefer a bosal noseband to the double rope.