[RC] young riders - Eric Drew

After reading all the comments I gotta say this.... leave it up to the Parents and then the ride manager [the RM has the final say over all riders]

Some kids do mature faster, I was one of them.  I attended a day camp that taught me to ride, swim, and drive go carts when I was a kindergardner [Jon Carrol Ranch in the San Fernado Valley in the late 50's] sure I got bucked off at the age of 4-5 but I got right back on as soon as I could breathe again after getting the wind knocked out of me.  I mastered riding a two wheeled bike at the same time and that was it I was off tooling around town on my bike for the next 45 years.  started rock climbing and skin diving at age 10 , scuba by 15. Sure I ended up in the ER many times but hey thats life as it should be...not the bubble wraped protectect everyone from everything society that we are turning into.

life without risk and adventure is not worth living...

Most head cases I know led overly protected lives, the well adjusted ones went through the school of bumps and bruises.

--- Eric Drew