[RC] kids and horses - agilbxr

I think it depends on the maturity level of the kid riding.  I have never met Colten, but he sounds like a pretty mature, level headed kid.  I do know my neice, Kaitlin, was NOT ready at six years old to ride anything more than around our 2mile block.  (I still get the giggles remembering her a year or two ago, riding Shoney *aka, Mr. Bombproof*, yelling at me "AUNT JULI!  HE'S OUT OF CONTROL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) because he had decided it was snack time and wouldn't go.  I hesitate to teach her what out of control really is....)

However, as Kaitlin has gotten a little older, I am thinking she's more ready to start really riding.  Now I just have to find a horse that is safe for her to ride.

Juli and the Herd
Spot (mom hasn't been around much this week...)
Alpine (my nose is WAY out of joint...she's replacing me, I know it)
Junior (I like food.  I don't like like my belly touched)