Sent: Monday, February 20, 2006 4:10 PM
Subject: [RC] Bitless Contraversy

Isn't true that if a horse wanted to/or felt he had to...could run through just about any bit?  I've heard of horses and mules (ever see a mule bit?)  pulling wagons and "run away".  A cowboy once told me that the bit was a "telephone" to tell the hold what we would like to do...not the brakes.  Otherwise the reins would be attached to the feet where the brakes are located!  Kinda made sense.

Gail C.
Patient Wait Farms SC