Re: [RC] Little Big Man - Barbara Moulton

my little big man is Ian my grandson age 6- no he is a
long way from an LD ride but last summer at 5 he rode
Joy ( who loves him) everyday we were together camping
for a week.  He had a helmet on and a saddle that fit.
He was never out of my site. No trouble at walk and
trot and it was grammie that put the brakes on going
faster like he wanted to.  Then he went out of state
for a visit with bio-dad.  He kept talking about
riding Joy and missing her and so dad's friend said
Ian could come ride her horse.  Her horse turned out
to be an arab cross she just bought.  She was afraid
to get on it so she thought she would use Ian for a
crash test dummy first.  They put him on and the horse
just stood around so they left to go inside and
"visit".  Ian wanted to keep "riding" no saddle rope
tied to halter and no helmet.  Once the girl and dad
left Ian may or may not have kicked the horse but Ian
got his gallop and a buck before he was tossed clear.
Dad got so upset with the whole situation that the
girl fessed up thinking that since the horse was ok
for a few minutes it meant he was broke.  Ian only got
bruises thankfully but like the little big man he is
he was mad at dad for not letting him get right back
on.
Barbara and Joy

http://mail.yahoo.com