[RC] Little Big Man - Mom Alexander

If you think a 6 year year old trail riding is bad, (which I think is fine if the child can ride and the horse is a babysitter), then you need to go to the local motocross track.  You will see 3 and 4 year olds on motorcycles.  Yes, real motorcycles (Cobra, KTM, Honda, Yamaha...) with 50-90cc engines, (and no training wheels) that will go 15-30 miles per hour.  And you will see their parents cheering them on to go faster and jump higher.  Some of them are already sponsored racers at that age.  So, even though I don't want my 3 & 4 year old on a motorcycle,  I say if they love it, and the parents think the child is ready AND take FULL RESPONSIBILITY  if/when the child gets hurt (not the track owner/event planner) then ok.
    My Dad grew up on a ranch, was riding with his dad as a baby....and he had me riding at 4, a mean little Shetland pony that tried every trick he knew to get me off. (and he succeeded a lot). At 10 I got my first full size horse and started goat tying, barrel racing, etc. Later I switched to 3 Day Eventing.  I've fallen off/bucked off a million times, but have only been "hurt" twice in my lifetime with horses (I'm 42 now).  Once when I was 16, my Arab gelding spooked at a broom while I was leading him and trampled me (it was my fault, I wouldn't let go of the lead and he was dragging me and stepped on me.) breaking my jaw, and ribs. Then when I was 37  I asked my horse (QH/ Trakehner cross) to jump a cross country jump bigger than what we were used to,(again, my fault) which he tried, but we crashed.  I got a concussion and broke some bones in my left hand and wrist. (he was ok, thank goodness).  So, all of my injuries happened after I was older, doing things I should have known better than.  Also, I think as children, we bounce instead of breaking.
                                                     Vicki