[RC] 20MT and Little Big Man - Ed Kilpatrick

hmmm, interesting.   all i can really think of to add here is this.   i've been horse crazy all my life.   at age two, my mother said i would stand up in the theater seat, jump up and down and yell, "HORSE! HORSE!"  every time horses were on the movie screen.   my wife says i still do that.   the first time i got on a horse was when my dad put my brother and me on his cow pony when i was two years old.   he put me on the back of the saddle, my brother got the seat since he was older.   i had a cap pistol in my hand, and since i thought i needed to hold on with both hands, i found a place for the pistol by shoving it under the back of the saddle.   ole dan didnt take kindly to that and promptly hit the E-ject button, sending boys flying in two different directions.
     i said all that to say this.  if my dad had been a distance rider, i bet i would have been right there with him.    if i could have those 20 years back that i was away from horse related activities, i would fill them to the brim with all the saddle time i could get in.
     matt can take little matt trail riding all he wants to, and it wouldnt really bother anybody.    endurance riding is just trail riding with an edge, thats all.    i dont see the harm in it.      cowboy ed