[RC] Boa Boots over shoes? - April

I know that Boa boots are for barefoot horses and that using them over shoes voids the warranty. So, on to the questions.

I am looking for boots to help with traction on black top pavement for hill training. My current off-road hill is going to be permanently unavailable in the next couple of weeks and my only other choice is the newly paved hill. Tanna is shod, so slides around pretty good on black top. So I need something that goes on over shoes.

I am looking at the Boa boots for several reasons. First, they are supposed to be easy to get on. Second, they can be used on shod or unshod feet, so I could carry one as a spare on endurance rides. And third, Tanna's measurements just happen to show that he would take the same size boot on all 4 feet. Very handy, imo.

The primary use for these boots would be hill work on pavement while shod. Probably 10-12 miles a week.

Has anybody used Boa boots over shoes? Can anybody give me an estimate of how long the boots would last using them this way?

Also, would using the boots only on the hind feet give enough traction? I'm thinking leaving the fronts unbooted would encourage Tanna to use his back end more as that's where the better traction is. Is this faulty thinking?

Thanks,
April
Nashville, TN
www.tracetribute.com