[RC] Elfin Forest update - Nancy

Today was a big day here at the Lazy J Ranch.  Jazzi was put back to work
for the first time since Christmas.  Because I still am not completely
healed from my fall on Christmas Day I had the trainer come and do the
honors.  (Jazzi is recovering from a minor bowed check ligament she did
while practicing her sliding stops in the turn out while I was nursing my
broken butt.)  Finally -GOOD NEWS-  Jazzi did perfect and had no swelling,
heat, etc.  She was very good, did everything asked of her and did it
happily.  It appears to me that Jazzi has turned a corner in the last week
as she has become very affectionate with me and has been kissing me!  I like
to believe Jazzi finally realizes that Jerry is not coming back and she now
has to watch over me.  It is a very comforting thought and I will continue
to believe it.  Many of the Pacific South region are off to the 20 Mule Team
ride and my heart is with them as it is bitter cold with rain and maybe snow
in the forecast.  Part of me (the wimp) is glad I am stuck home going
through all the papers in search of Jerry's elusive will.  Jazzi and Lyric
are very happy in their stalls and I am sure they are both glad we are
staying home.  I will have to be content moseying around on Sierra, "the
Cadillac" until I am healed.  Looking forward to better days and a
non-virtual ride camp!
Nancy Reed
Lazy J Ranch
Elfin Forest, CA