Re: [RC] Wild Turkey - Truman Prevatt

Jody Rogers-Buttram wrote:

Ok Truman....it's like this. I think that the alcohol habit comes in stages. First stage: beer
second: the wine
third is the whiskey stage: ....which has it's own stages. First whiskey stage: Canadian Mist,
second whiskey stage: Jack black label
Third whiskey stage: Wild turkey 101 or Select Breed.
Frankly, I can't afford the Select Breed, but would gladly accept it at any stage of the OD 100 this year or any other ride I may attend. Hint, hint Truman.

I think some of it has to do with where you are from. Since I am lucky enough to have about half my relatives from the Great state of Kentucky and the other half from the Great state of Tennessee, the conversation at a family reunion would go like something this when I was a kid and getting pointers.

From a Tennessee uncle: Son you know that all bourbon is nothing more than rot gut - a true southern gentleman drinks only fine sour mash and there is none finer than Jack Black - here have a taste.

From a Kentucky uncle: Son you know that all sour mash is unfinished and not fit to drink. Only a barbarian drinks that junk. A true southern gentleman drinks only fine bourbon and there is not finer than Wild Turkey - here have a taste.

It would go on for awhile ( I had lots of uncles) and then I'd figure if I were going to find a date - why else does a good southern boy go to a family reunion - I'd better get to it while I could still stand up ;-) .

Truman

--

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein