[RC] Thermister (sp) - Teri Hunter

I was reading the conditioning article in EN last night.  I have used HRM's but I have never heard of a thermister (might be spelling it wrong).   It is used to check core body temps and dehydration in your horse while you are conditioning them.  Has anyone used one and if so where did you purchase it.  Of all the discussions on ridecamp, I never remember anyone even discussing this issue and then it pops up in EN.  Comments, suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your help.