Re: [RC] girth problems - Jody Rogers-Buttram

I have had the same problem, ended up having to use a saddle that had an adjustable rigging to keep the girth back off the elbows.  All the vaseline in the world and sheepskin didn't work....had to get that thing back off the elbows.  If you find out something else...PLEASE let me know. :))

Jody

"Simms, Judith" <jsimms@xxxxxxx> wrote:
OK I need some advice here.  I have a young mare that has a girth problem.  The saddle fits well and stays put front to back and side to side no matter how loose the girth is . But the girth rides forward until it is in her armpits and starts to rub.  This happens if I?m leading, longeing or riding.  This problem just surfaced this winter.  She doesn?t seem to have changed shape or size; just hairier.  Suggestions?