Re: [RC] Halter/bridle combos - jen

Wow, Jonni.  Thanks for the great pics.  As a newbie with no rides yet under my belt, I find I really enjoy looking at others peoples gear.
Woohoo, I'm  official.  Jen M  AERC #35201  I got my membership card and EN and the newletter and handbook and all kinds of good stuff.  LD here I come.
----- Original Message -----
From: Jonni
Sent: Monday, February 13, 2006 9:10 PM
Subject: [RC] Halter/bridle combos

I prefer to NOT have the snap on bit hangers. Too bulky, and really not as easy to slip a bridle on and off quickly as one with a separate headstall. I have a bridle made by Animal Tacker that I have been very pleased with. Lightweight halter, and then a headstall that slips on over, and has a fastener at the poll. I do not use that halter to tie over night, but have tied with it on the trail. Here is a photo. I added bridle rosettes. (reminds me of my childhood bridle for my pony!)

Jonni