Re: [RC] Shaggy horses/clipping - Lysane Cree

We get some pretty cold winters here and most of the time (except this year!) the trails are pretty decent and rideable all winter. I have never clipped or spent hours walking a horse. I do a cool down walk as part of my ride. When I get back to the barn, if the horse is still wet, I will put a fleece cooler on and keep them in a stall with a couple of flakes of hay until they are drier and cooler. Thats it. Usually within an hour or less they are dry. If its really cold out, I might take the blanket off and give them another 10-15 minutes to adjust to the colder barn temp. without the blanket. Then back outside they go. If they have enough hay to eat outside they will keep warm no problem.

Lysane