[RC] [RC] Dear Newbie/LDer - Cindy Collins - KimFue

Cindy,
I agree with your statement below and agree that perhaps the discussion is being being viewed as philosophical by some and being viewed as personal by others.  I certainly am looking at the philosophical aspect of the LD discussion as well what could be some unintended results in changes.  I also am sorry if I unintentionly offended anyone who took my comments as a "put down".  They were not directed at the individual LD rider only toward my perceived direction of the LD division by AERC.   Individuals, of course, can choose to ride in any distance they want.  Individuals also should be able to ride in that distance any way they choose (as long as their horse is prepared) without anyone putting them down.  But, I don't think that philosophical discussions on the direction of the sport should be avoided because it could possibly be interpreted as a put down.

I am truly sorry that some of you are offended by this conversation.
However, it is a very important one.  The problem is that we are having a
philosophical discussion about the direction and about the rules and
regulations governing our sport.  You are taking it to mean that we are
somehow "putting you down."