[RC] LD Rides - Horsewize

Hi everyone,
I am new to the ride camp digest.  I have been doing LD rides for 2 years, I think everyone needs to see it from the riders perspective.  My horse could have done 50 when I started but I was unsure of how to do a ride re: pace, electrolytes, my condition,etc.  I wanted to feel more confident that I would not injure my horse when I moved up to 50.
I had a mild stroke the first season and didn't get to move up. I did continue to do LD and it help me to build strength and balance again.
I continued to have BP issues last year and could not do 50 but continue with LD to get back into shape and keep the horse going.
I think there are many riders that donot want to or afraid to move up due to thier health and not the horse's ability to do it.
So don't be hard on LD riders.  They are out there and many doing thier best just to do LD.

Annetta