Re: [RC] Sarah Arty & Sugar- Newbie Issue - SturmRanch

Relax - and go ride your horses.

As a newbie two seasons ago with a grand total of three actual rides and some crewing under my belt, I have never met one single person at a ride who appeared to look down on me because I was riding LD.  I know that at 64, I may never get to ride beyond that, but I absolutely never have felt that anyone looks down on me because of anything:  my age, my horse, my camping gear.

For lots of us, it's the horses, the conditioning and the new and terrific places to ride and camp that are the draw.  I don't much care about top tens (although I accidentally rode one) or BC's or even any kind of awards.  I just like to ride.

Nancy Sturm