[RC] Sarah Arty & Sugar- Newbie Issue - Trakehners2000

Title: AOL Email
In a message dated 2/11/2006 1:20:34 A.M. Central Standard Time, patchworkfarmshorsestuff@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
I hope this makes sense as to what im saying.  That I think LD's are
important.  I dont care if you treat me like im a newbie.. Heck I am, but if
you treat me Like im stupid, and riding a ride thats nothing, Im not going
to stay in the sport,
but if you treat me with respect and help me and let
me know I rode a good ride or
could have changed some things but still am
part of the endurance world, im gonna stay and move up and hopefully one day
be a seasoned rider helping out a LD person and remember where I have been
and how I got there.

Sarah, Arty and Sugar
Abbotsford BC Canada

PS, Got any training tips for a newbie.. LOL
Sarah,
I totally agree with you and am in the same situation as you are.  With how this thread
has turned ( and I am starting to wonder if the vehement people really know how it sounds)
I am discouraged too, and can't help but be aware of how ironic it is that people in other sports often think of dressage riders as snobbish.  and yet, they are not, they at least consider every dressage horse at every level to be a dressage horse.  I join the United States Dressage Federation & Illinois Dressage & Combined Training Association, and I go to dressage schooling shows with my horse, and NO ONE in the dressage community has a fit, because I say I am doing dressage with my horse.  Not even my trainer, who is training towards the Olympics.  It is a no problem, we belong to dressage associations, because we are training dressage with our horse, and because we are interested in, studying and showing dressage with our horse.  And dressage riders are generally very enthusiastic about others and their training.

  Yet we belong to an Endurance association, and yet we are not in the sport of endurance?

It IS discouraging to be coming into a new sport, paying dues into the associations, (AERC,UMECRA) THINKING that you are training your horse in endurance, because we are interested in, studying and competing in (what we thought to be) the sport new to us, called endurance and to be told, you are not, actually, in the sport of endurance- nor will you ever be, unless & until you do a 50 or more.  You only belong to the Endurance association, God knows why, because you should belong to the Limited Distance Riders Association, BECAUSE you are not ACTUALLY in the sport of Endurance, you are in a TOTALLY different sport called Limited Distance.  SO maybe we should belong to the American Limited Distance Riders Conference, or the Upper Midwest Limited Distance Riders Association?
It is just too ridiculous that we pay into organizations that are called endurance associations, yet we  yelled at / flamed if we refer to what we do with our horses as endurance, (*which by the way is quite shocking and insulting when you do not realize the apparent *taboo* of it all- it is one heck of a slap in the face/welcome to the sport...which several dozen people do not yet realize.) I guess what all the vehement people are saying is that we are like barrel racers belonging to the roping horse association?   Vehement people, take a serious time out to think about how you are coming across to all us 'NEW' people, or maybe now, we should not even consider ourselves new?  Maybe that only comes when we are NEW to endurance, which, how can we be when we are not even in THAT sport yet, we only belong to the association...maybe we are just the idiots flipping the bill...  sorry to get ticked off about it...I have had it up to my ears with the BS, and the snobbery of it all.   You all should sit back and realize how freaking ridiculous  it is for those new coming into what ever the sport of ________ you want to call it.
~CHRISTINA~