[RC] LD- Diane - Richard Sacks

OK Diane despite everything you want to get personal. I was not wrong about the six rules. When the ride manager first posted the results to AERC he posted them in alphabetical order with placements going from 1,2,3 etc and times with 1 second increments added to each rider. The times used were arbitrary with something like a six hour completion time. At least 6 people protested to him directly at the ride and offline via email and phone, including a member of the LD committee. He changed the recorded postings eliminating the incremental one second time for each rider and declared a tie for first among all riders with an inaccurate time again of six plus hours. Each time he did this he created a placing which would invoke the rules I stated. He would then be obligated to post the correct times and order of finish. He chose instead to then post no times, a random order of finish and signify completed. If this is not indicative of what's wrong with reporting of LD rides in the West I don't know what is. If you think I am unable to read or can't think clearly that is BC - and I don't mean BEST Condition! Maybe you ought to take of your Endurance Rose colored glasses. There is a difference in opinion in how LD is viewed in this region and we all know which side you're on. That's great. But you aren't going to make up the shortfall in the AERC budget by yourself. Only more members will do that and if you and others continue to be non inclusive we will never have the members to do it or the ride costs will continue to go up. If incoming new members to AERC are LD riders and they want their placements recorded why won't you do that. Is it so important to you to say that you are an endurance rider? A 100 miles is nothing compared to the members of the Long Riders Guild who ride several thousand miles in one ride. They are endurance riders and I doubt they look down on you. So what makes you so special that you want to treat novice riders or experienced riders who choose to do LD so differently. I hope it makes you feel good. To me this is one of the most stupid issues that I have ever heard discussed and I am now sorry that I even got involved. This is worse that dealing with a condominium board where members nitpick over the grammer in the CC&Rs. Give me one real good reason why LD riders shouldn't have their times posted that can't be handled in some alternative manner other than satisfying some riders egos.