Re: [RC] LD Rides / Endurance - Dressage - Diane Trefethen

When Mr Sacks started this thread, he accused a Ride Manager of violating 6 AERC rules. As I read his post, it seemed to me quite probable that Mr Sacks was so upset about something that he was unable to read or think clearly. Careful reading of his post and the rules revealed that Mr Sacks was in error on all 6 of his accusations. The purposes of my initial response were to 1) strongly chastise him for falsely accusing an RM of violating AERC rules and 2) explain to him exactly WHY the rules he cited had not been violated. His response to my post was, "Diane's post was simply her interpretation". With those words it became clear that Mr Sacks was not just disgruntled, he was out to deliberately foment dissention.

Enter Matt Medeiros and his LD BC=BULL CRAP post. Now I have come to like Matt's shoot from the hip style. He is rough around the edges and since I am more reserved, I find his candor refreshing. Matt is sometimes awkward in his phrasing (though in this post he was succinct and clear). Matt speaks his mind. Matt's posts do NOT read like ones from a high school English teacher. Matt is not the next Shakespeare.

Enter Heidi of Sagehill. Does she rip Mr Sacks a new one for defaming a Ride Manager? Does she tell the man that it is HE who is (mis)interpreting the rules and that not one of the rules he cited was violated? Does she chide him for trying to re-ignite the LD BC controversy by using untrue statements with the potential to inflame LD riders who may be tricked by his words into believing that this RM lied and cheated LD riders out of a promised, justly earned best condition award? No. She lands on Matt Medeiros, not for the content of his post, but for its subject line. "I'm really sorry to see the sort of vehemence that is expressed in the title of this thread." And sadly, she knows, as I know, and as everyone else here who has read Matt's posts knows, the subject line was aimed at Mr Sacks, not at awarding a BC to LD riders.