[RC] LD rides - Equus Wolf

I would still go to LD rides without BC or ride times documented, though I would want to know my ride time to keep up with it myself.  I'm going for the fun of it really.  It's a new challenge for me, and I hope myself and my horse can eventually make it up to 50s (if we make it next year, it will only be a sprinkling, then the next year a larger sprinkling)  I find the excitement in having to set up camp away from home with my horse and having to know your horse very well.  I have ridden dressage and hunt seat the past 20yrs of my life.  And what little conditioning we have done so far, it amazes me the difference in awareness of myself and my horse and the things around us.
On a different note, one thing that could upset those riding LDs that don't receive BC is that LD riders from what I can tell still pay the fees involved (yes less than 50 or 100 but 50 seems to be less than 100)
I have to pay an entry fee at the hunter paces I ride at - I think of it as a priviledge to be able to ride trails that would otherwise not be available, or convenient to be a member of due to distance.  I rode two hunter paces before I even realized we get a whole point for completing!  I go for the big silly grin I cannot wipe off of my face for days after that type of ride :)  That's award enough for me.  However, if someone wants to tell me that my horse is in great shape, thanks so much for the compliment!
Ok, I'll quit babbling now.
Jennifer (we better not get rained out of the hunter pace this coming Sunday!  I need another big silly grin)
and Shelby, APHA mare (we better not get rained out for Sunday!  I wanna go cantering down the road again and jump over logs and trot through water! And show those other horses how easy it is to load in the trailer all by myself!)