[RC] LD rides - Bruce Weary

I am forced to agree with Mr Sacks regarding the fact that ride management should be consistent in announcing prior to the ride whether a BC award will be available at a given ride. Clearly, some ride managers and vets (the head of the veterinary committee, for example) have concerns not over BC per se, but the fact that as long as it entails a time factor, will potentially encourage a small (but significant) minority of riders to go faster than horses prepared only for an LD distance might travel safely. This is a concern I have strongly shared and indeed witnessed many times in my years of riding. It had been insinuated that if riders knew beforehand that a BC award were not going to be presented, potentially significant numbers of riders would stay home and miss out on the ride entirely, and all the enjoyment it otherwise offers.
I disagree, but let's find out. How many riders here on RC would boycott a ride entirely, if BC were not available, but all other factors about the ride remained the same?
Two things to consider before you answer. First, if you say you would skip the ride, you will have a difficult time convincing others that awards are not your primary motive. Secondly, if you still say you would avoid a given ride that gives no speed based BC, if we see you at that ride, "you'll have a lot of 'splainin' to do, Lucy." To keep it balanced, I suppose we need to hear from those LD riders who would show up no matter what, and ride. Bruce Weary