[RC] Endurance & Dressage - Sherman

Okay, lets call them all distance riders (like Barbara suggested) that all know what endurance is and are working towards it.  However, we need to remember that AERC was not set up to include LD to begin with. It was not established as a "distance riding" organization, but as an organization to establish basic rules, set standards, and to keep records of horses and riders for 50 & 100 mile rides. Only later was the LD aspect added, with the understanding that the miles aren't included in endurance.

All the rest of your analogy makes perfect sense, you just have to take the word "endurance" out of the lower levels (just like you don't have "Grand Prix" at the lower levels of dressage) and change it to distance riding or whatever else you like. And yes, we are all winners at any distance, sometimes even when we don't complete a ride. I'm guessing that you haven't been lurking enough to have read the previous discussions of LD & endurance? It gets pretty heated sometimes, as some riders feel slighted because of a comment that someone made to them, but for the most part all riders at all levels are respected and admired for what they accomplish, even if it's just a partial ride or LDs forever.

Welcome to ridecamp & happy trails!

Kathy (going riding now)