Re: [RC] Endurance & Dressage- - Cidinha

We have this system in Brasil. The horses beguin in rides that we call LIMITED SPEEDY and after one year they compete in 50 miles (80km) first and then in 75 (120km) and 100 miles (160km). In Argentina and Uruguay the horses must have to compete in 2 or more 40km rides and then in 80km rides (2 or more) and then 120km and 160km rides.

Cidinha Franzão

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, February 08, 2006 1:47 PM
Subject: Re: [RC] Endurance & Dressage-

This is very similar to some of the European systems where riders and horses work their way up through levels in the theory that they learn to care for themselves as they undertake progressively more difficult rides. I believe that I've seen this in the British clubs. Pauline, do they have this in France? I think there may be something similar in Australia as well. It involves having a record book for each horse and seeing the progress as the rides are taken.

Maryanne