[RC] easyboot epics - Tammy Shuck

Hi, I posted a few weeks ago about my new easyboot epic and GETTING THEM ON, well I got a lot of good advice and now I can have all 4 boots on in under 10 minutes! I really like using the boots and thought they were working out for us but today I noticed a tiny rub spot on all 4 legs about the size of a pea. What could I be doing wrong? Maybe should I apply the gators tighter, how tight should they be? Can you get them too tight? I dont think I should need to use vet wrap for these short training rides (8 to 9) miles, although it is very muddy. Does anyone have any suggestions? I really appreciate all the advice, I learn so much here.
Thanks, Tammy