Re: [RC] breakfast and Ya'll oops convention sale - RDCARRIE

In a message dated 2/7/2006 9:53:37 AM Central Standard Time, seamstob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Someone said Texians take their grits serious. (What is a grit?)

No such thing as "a" grit...they always come in a big gooey glob!  Grits are ground up hominy.  Consistency is kinda like cream of wheat.

Funny story...I was at a training session once with a true southern gal and a recent transplant from Maine (I'm from Oregon, but been here 20 yrs).  At breakfast the waitress asked the Maine gal if she wanted hash browns or grits.  She asked "what are grits?"  The southern gal said, "just get 'em...you'll love 'em."  So the Maine gal told the waitress, "Well, I'll just get one."  We all nearly split a gut laughing.  <VBG>

Dawn in East Texas